Thursday, January 26, 2006

of drinks and dads

When it comes to drinking somehow my dad manages to be there on the scene. i've realised this after having gone through few misadventures. i particularly recall a few which am gonna share....

Like most of the guys from services, my dad has a habit of downing 2-3 pegs every day.I generally tend to stay away from him during those hours as if i'm caught then i get a healthy
dose of dad'ly sermons. The topics range from carrier, jobs,girlfriends ! ha ha anyways one day his much priced soda maker was not behaving. so he just remarked "arun, whats wrong with the damn thing?" well i tried to be a smart alec and replied "dad it happens beacuse of wear and tear!" well the look he gave me, i could sense he was not amused.



My dad had once got this bottle of gin which i had been eyeing for days. Its not that i like drinking or something just that i wanted to try it out. i waited for few days in the hopes that my parents would go out but i guess the level of gin was already dangerousy low . so it was time for me to take that step. I poured some in a steel glass to camoflouage and very smartly joined my dad. But somehow he got to know, maybe it was his keen sense of smell for drinks! ha ha
anyways i got a nice lecture from him and then he asked me to go and empty the contents in the kitchen. i was like fine dad so as i proceeded to the kitchen through the dining room i noticed nobody was around so very quickly i emptied the content in my stomach. as the darooo was flowing down smoothly i got a solid whack on my head. i turned around and much to my horror there he was. I guess all dads have a foresight....


well so much for my dad. Last year i had attended this navy ball at varuna. It was a very well organised event with good food and drinks ka arrangements. A band was playing nice 70's ka music which was a nice welcome change from the standard hip-hop,punjabi,rock stuff. and yes did i mention the entry fee was just 300 bucks and rest every damn thing was on house. like my friends i also took full advantage of it. after 2-3 shots of whatever i got high. thgh i was not in a mood for but still on my freinds insistence we headed straight for the dance floor.The effects were now showing up and i dont know what happened i climbed up on the stage alone and all hell break loose. i dance like crazy, did some acrobatics also. soon i was joined by other people too at least that was some consolation that i was not the lone one in high spirits. i continued my khatarnak dance for some time untill the effect was wearing out and then i got sober.
i'm sure more such incidents will soon follow.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home